Thursday, July 15, 2010

Driver's permit

I’ve decided to get my Driver’s permit this month.

Wup- fuckin -pee.

Hours and hours of studying the “Washington Driver Guide” from the “Department of Hell”… I mean “Licensing”.

I’ve discovered the proper use for high beams, which, contrary to my previous belief, is NOT used to blind pedestrians and oncoming traffic. And the horn, apparently, isn’t used to scare people walking past your car in parking-lots.

All-in-all studying is going well. I’ve taken some practice tests online to prepare myself further.

I’ve discovered by typing everything out in a Word document, I can remember it easier.

I know only some of the things I’m reading in this booklet will be on the test, and they’ll focus more on “After moving to a new state, how long is the deadline for renewing your current license?” or “What can you do at a red light?” instead of questions that actually have to do with driving.

I think ONLY questions about driving should be permitted on the knowledge test.

For example:

“When is it legal to scream and yell in a traffic jam on the highway?
A.) Never
B.) On Wednesdays
C.) Only to alert proper authorities of your status as ‘Most important driver ever’ to give you leeway on
the shoulder.”

Of course, the correct answer would be C.

Anyway, I couldn’t help but pay attention to the “When you shouldn’t use your horn” section.
One of the many reasons to not use your horn is: “When approaching horses”

I guess you can’t use your horn in the presence of Horses, in the unlikely event you’re even near horses.
Then again, this is Washington after all, Washington being “The random Horse state”.

I also have a question for you readers, which I ask that you answer with a comment or message on Facebook or a direct-message on Twitter: Will my sleep apnea effect my driving during the morning/day?

I certainly hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment