Monday, July 12, 2010

Chip (Skippy's Cousin).

Recently I’ve gotten into an “Intellectual” conversation with a moron.

Let’s call this moron: “Chip.”

Well, it was about Atheism. He is an Atheist.

Anyway, Chip’s beliefs are – And I quote—: “I do reject the claim that God exists. But I however do not make the claim that God does not exist.” (I am not making this up)

My response was as follows:

“A.) ‘I do reject the claim that God exists.’ Then you make the claim that God DOES NOT EXIST.
B.) ‘But I however do not make the claim that God does not exist.’ This is contradictory: Rejecting the claim that God exists is making the claim that God does not exist, hence: Rejecting. Rejection, by definition, is not believing something, and refusing to do so.”

He replied with (I am not making this up)

1) I said, ‘I don't believe a god exists’. It is not the same as ‘I believe no god exists.’ The difference is that in the first statement I am simply rejecting claims for the existence of god.

To which I said:

“1.) You're misinformed about your own beliefs, because Atheism is believing in NO GOD thus GOD DOES NOT EXIST. No wonder you talk yourself in circles, you have no idea what Atheism is other than what the name MEANS. I have never met you, thus I have no pure evidence that you exist. Others have TOLD me you exist, and I have no doubt that you do, because I trust the testimony of those who know you. Basically the same way I know Christ exists.
Just because you answer these messages, doesn't mean that it's YOU answering, it could be anybody. But because of the testimony of others who know you, I am sure you exist. I will take it by FAITH.”

And of course, he felt the need to reply:

1) I am misinformed about my own beliefs? Wow... how is that even possible? Maybe you meant that ‘I am misinformed about what I classify myself as'. Let’s break down the meaning of the word.
Theos-God(s)
Theism-Belief in a God(s)
Theist- One who has the belief
A-without
Atheos-without God(s)
Atheism- without a belief in a God(s)
Atheist-One without the belief in a God(s)”


(Thus proving that all he knows is what the name means...)

But truly, can any man be an Atheist unless he possesses all knowledge: "Omnipotent" (Do I need to define “Omnipotent” for you, Chip?)

Basically means: He (And all Atheists) are apparently God. Since they DON'T know everything, they have to ADMIT the possibility of an all knowing God. Thus they are not "Atheist" "One without God" but "Agnostic" "One who is holy confused"

I did not send this, but...

A second consecutive message…

And a third consecutive message…

All of which I’m not even dignifying with a response at this time.

Never the less, Chip, is a moron.

But it makes you think… DOES Chip REALLY exist?

Unfortunately: Yes. I have a confirmation from my best friend (Let’s call him “Skippy”)Chip is Skippy’s own Cousin.

This is what my Dad said: “To answer the question at the end of your Column, Josh: The stupidity is there, therefore he MUST exist.”

Oh God help us. (Or as Chip would probably say:”NO God help us.”)

“A wise man would know better than to reject, outright, what he doesn’t know for sure. That is the difference between ‘Knowledge’ and ‘Wisdom’.” – Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment